Octopus

Octopus
The Ominous Octopus

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Batman Serials








A lot has been said about the Batman serials being "cheap" and even "dumb". But I like these serials. They may not be the best serials ever made, but they stick closer to the source material than the Captain Marvel and Captain America serials did. Maybe one of the reasons I like the Batman serials is that I'm used to serials that were made by studios other than Republic. Another reason might be that I've been Batman myself a few times, only my costume wasn't as good as what they had in the serials. As the saying goes, nobody's perfect.



Here is an article from SCREEN THRILLS about the Batman serials.

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 






This article was written in 1963, and the Batman tv show did not begin until 1966.




Batman serials:
http://www.batman-on-film.com/historyofthebatman_40sserials.html




A

No comments:

Post a Comment