Octopus

Octopus
The Ominous Octopus

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Beastly Boy






Beast Boy?


I saw this ad in the comics when I was a kid. I didn't see the actual comic book, just the ad.






Eventually I read some DOOM PATROL stories with Beast Boy in them, and I thought he ruined the book. They never even had the "origin story" for the girl that had been promised after having the origins of the other members of the DOOM PATROL.

I was just looking at a period fanzine, and it seems that that writer didn't care for Beast Boy either.


From K-A KAPA alpha #20, May 1966:




DC comics ended up killing off the Doom Patrol a few years later. Except for Beast Boy. Him they kept after getting rid of everyone else, especially the girl, who they even insisted was still dead after having decided that the men in the team could still be alive. O.K., they finally relented and said she was still alive too, but I still didn't like the whole thing.

Beast Boy, especially.




A

No comments:

Post a Comment