The All-Star Cast included :
- Bing Crosby as the virtous and unflappable Dick Tracy
- Dinah Shore as honey tongued Tess Trueheart
- Bob Hope as the slippery hoodlum Flattop
- Frank Sinatra as the murderous Shaky
- Judy Garland as the innocent Snowflake Falls
- Jimmy Durante as the gravel voiced Mole
- The Andrews Sisters as the sexy Summer Sisters
- Jerry Colonna as Tracy’s oft confused Police Chief
- Frank Morgan (i.e. the Great Oz) as drunk thespian Vitamin Flintheart
- Cass Daley as gravel voiced Gravel Gertie
- and Harry Von Zell as the Narrator
- Directed by Pat Weaver
- Conducted by Meredith Willson.
The radio program was later released on a record. The album was illustrated with pictures of the members of the cast.
In this story the Summer Sisters were played by the Andrews sisters and so there were three Summer Sisters instead of two as in the comics. The third was named "July" since that was the next month after May and June, the months after which the other two had been named.
Actually the Summers Sisters had been killed off in the strip, but they were brought back for the program. Although several male characters were brought back after they had died in Dick Tracy stories, they didn't ordinarily bring back female characters after they were supposed to be dead.
Listen to DICK TRACY IN B FLAT:
Dick Tracy Radio Programs:
Judy Garland Room ( DICK TRACY IN B FLAT ):