Octopus

Octopus
The Ominous Octopus

Friday, July 12, 2013

THE FAMOUS FACES OF INDY'S WTTV-4 By Julie Young



Recently I read THE FAMOUS FACES OF INDY'S WTTV-4 by Julie Young. This book tells about local television hosts such as Sammy Terry, Janie, Cowboy Bob, and Peggy.






 
 
I read it right after Sammy Terry died, but that was coincidental. I had asked about it in the library and had been placed on a hold list prior to his death.



I thought this was a pretty good book for the most part, although a little obtuse in places ( such as where there is a reference to Annette Funicello as someone who had been on the Mickey Mouse Club and later did peanut butter commercials, without mentioning her name ) and it mentions only criticism of classic films without any corresponding reference to criticism of modern television programs. I am none too keen about modern television programs, myself.






http://www.amazon.com/The-Famous-Faces-Indys-WTTV-4/dp/162619050X


A

No comments:

Post a Comment